Re: More options for nginx

Hi,

On 27 October 2014 14:43, Filip Hajny <filip%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
27. 10. 2014 v 15:09, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>:

> Jean-Yves Moulin <jym%baaz.fr@localhost> writes:
>
>>> My quick reaction is that gthe nginx package has a crazy amount of
>>> options.
>>
>> Yes, but the nginx build implies this. Almost everything is a module.
>> I don't know how to do that differently :-)
>
> Is there a way to have each module be a package (in pkgsrc) that depends
> on the main nginx package?

No, sadly a fat binary is the only way to build Nginx. I guess it goes back to the Russian devs’ fastest-code-ever obsession.

The way the Linux world is trying to cope (nginx-small, nginx-with-feature-X, nginx-full-bang, nginx-should-I-continue) is ridiculous though.

-F

Related to this I submitted a PR for adding (just) the geoip option a few days ago:  http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=49300

With regards to setting it by default it doesn't increase the build or runtime dependancies, and takes no affect unless there is configuration in place using the module.

Regards
Steve.