Re: x11/py-qt4 can't be installed for different python versions

Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> writes:

> While almost all of the installed files are versioned, just the few it
> installs to the bin directory aren't.
>
> And unfortunately, I need both py27-qt4 (for misc/calibre) and py34-qt4
> for wip/fs-uae-launcher. I can't just choose one of the two python
> versions: Both packages are incompatible with the other python version.
>
> Any idea for a quick fix?

There aren't any easy fixes.  Basically the package can be edited to
version the other names.  But that may break ABI compat with what's
expected.  The other is to install the user-facing bin stuff in a
separate prefix; we used to have /usr/pkg/guile14 as a --prefix for
guile 1.4 when 1.6 or 1.8 was --prefix=/usr/pkg.
The third hard way is to split the package to libs and bin commands, and
only use the libs for one of the dependencies, if that works.