Re: x11/libdrm fails to build

On Mon 14 Jul 2014 at 04:06:30 +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> I don't know the situation why libdrm from pkgsrc is required for you,

graphics/MesaLib wants it. And I need MesaLib from pkgsrc for
graphics/geeqie.  If I don't install MesaLib, then geeqie fails like
this:

vargaz:~$ geeqie
failed to create drawable

(geeqie:118): Clutter-CRITICAL **: Unable to initialize Clutter: Unable to
select the newly created GLX context
Can't initialize clutter-gtk.
vargaz:~$

This by itself is a strange error situation.

> But you should put libdrm to PREFER_PKGSRC, or set PREFER_PKGSRC.libdrm=yes

MesaLib depends on libdrm via MesaLib/dri.mk included from options.mk:

BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.libdrm+=          libdrm>=2.4.24
.  include "../../x11/libdrm/buildlink3.mk"

I tried taking the opposite of your approach: adding
PREFER_PKGSRC.libdrm=no, and rebuild MesaLib. But it still wants the
pkgsrc version of libdrm (probably because the native version doesn't
have the proper version number, or no version number at all maybe).

> and rebuild x11-links.

I'm not sure I want the pkgsrc version of libdrm in all cases.

> OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'