Re: fonts/harfbuzz fails to build saying can't find ft2build.h

"J. Lewis Muir" <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> writes:

> I'm trying to build fonts/harfbuzz on Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) for
> x86_64 Darwin from pkgsrc 2014Q1, and it's failing saying it can't find
> ft2build.h:

> In file included from hb-ft.cc:30:
> ./hb-ft.h:32:10: fatal error: 'ft2build.h' file not found
> #include <ft2build.h>
>          ^

buildlink3 is supposed to put the needed files in work/.buildlink.   It
seems that for freetype2 only the config program is linked in, and not
the includes.

Doing this:

/usr/ANONCVS/pkgsrc/fonts/harfbuzz/work/.buildlink/include #> ln -s
/opt/X11/include/freetype2 .

makes it build.  So I think the freetype2 builtin.mk needs to catch up
with the latest Xquartz, but exactly how it not clear - I don't see how
this could have ever worked.