Re: Retiring Apache 1.3 and 2.0

On Tue, 20 May 2014 22:15:58 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

can we retire the oldest two Apache versions in our tree? Apache 1.3 has
been unmaintained upstream for ages and even OpenBSD has finally given
up on it. Apache 2.0 is also very dusty now and becoming more and more
incompatible with modern versions in terms of the module API. So what is
keeping them alive?

I agree that it's time (or perhaps past time) for 1.3 to be removed.

apache 2.0.65 was released in June of 2013 (or at least that's the
timestamp in the tarball).  So while it's crufty, it's not really dead
upstream, and surely there are users of it in pkgsrc.  (I agree that
people using it should migrate, but that's different from removing the
package.)

Please refer eol-packages:

Package: apache-2.0.x
eol date: July 9th, 2013

And pkg-vulnerabilities (added 2013-08-05):

apache-2.0.[0-9]*       eol
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/vulns/eol-packages

So it is good enough time to migrate to newer version.

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost