Re: pkgsrc - csup usage

> I've been using the csup method with pkgsrc. I recently setup a new NetBSD
> system and went to look at the configuration guide. It looks like the
> mentions of csup have been removed.

> You can see the original here:

> Has csup support been removed? I found it really easy to get pkgsrc up and
> running using this method.

> Thanks,
> iPhrankie

I never heard of using csup with NetBSD but found csup in pkgsrc/net category,
not part of base system.

I used csup with FreeBSD to update the system source, but that was deprecated
in favor of svn following a security breach.

According to the NetBSD Guide, cvs is used to update pkgsrc: cvs up -dP

More info in the NetBSD Guide and pkgsrc guide.