Re: lang/openjdk7 build problems

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 09:43:00AM +1300, Mark Davies wrote:
>      [....]
>
> In the last couple of days I've just rebuilt a lot of packages on two
> 6.0_STABLE/i386 systems including openjdk7.  The systems are fairly
> similar other than one is a STABLE from early December and the other is
> one from last week.  On the December system openjdk7 built fine whereas
> on the other system I hit the same problem as Mayuresh.
>
> If I recursively chown the files to root (or some other low numbered
> user) the build will then complete.

Thanks Mark. I was able to build opendjdk thanks to your analysis.

The user id shown prior to chown looks garbage to me.

I don't know whether it matters, though my pkgsrc is on an ext2 partition
from where I mount it on NetBSD.

Also both your and mine build was not at standard location /usr/pkgsrc. (I
am sure it should not matter. Just trying to spot similarities.)

I have faced a problem in the past where the uid of file's owner was
garbage and chowing it helped. Don't remember the context, but it wasn't a
build related issue.

Relation between garbage uid and build process is not clear as well.

Mayuresh.