Re: pari requiring fltk???? (proposing to stop)

  math/pari requires fltk by default, via the x11 option.
  [snip]
  So while each step might be ok, the notion that fltk is required to
  install perl modules is ridiculous.  (It's further semi-ridiculous that
  it needs tex to build, but at least that's build only.)  So I propose to
  apply the following.  (I ran into this trying to build wip/fldigi which
  uses fltk13.)  Objections?

Responders were in favor of changing the default, 3 to 0.  The change
has been committed.