Duplicity and boto

As part of my ongoing saga to backup my NetBSD box to Amazon's S3 cloud I took a look at duplicity (http://duplicity.nongnu.org/) and boto (https://github.com/boto/boto) in pkgsrc. Unfortunately, the versions in pkgsrc (duplicity-0.6.16 and py-boto-1.9) don't allow for a connection to S3. I manually upgraded to the newest versions of each (duplicity-0.6.19 and boto-2.5.2) and was able to successfully backup a folder to S3 -- I still need to do more testing to make sure everything is working correctly, though. Would it be possible to upgrade the versions of these programs in pkgsrc to the newest available? I'd rather manage my box using pkgsrc than just adding stuff ad-hoc...

thanks,

Steve