Re: issue with atk on pkgsrc-2012Q1

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:17:11 +0300
Luca Sironi <luca%sironi.tk@localhost> wrote:
> now i succeeded in 3 ways.
> 1) by pointing /usr/share to /usr/pkg/share letting untouched the
> XDG_DATA_DIRS (before reading your answer)
> 2) by erasing /usr/share from XDG_DATA_DIRS
> 3) by adding in first place /usr/pkg/share in XDG_DATA_DIRS
>
> what do you think is the best approach?

If you want to set it in your .login, so that it also affects your
desktop session, #3 is the best IMHO.

> maybe it can be suggested in
> the bootstrap script
> (i was reminded there to add pkg things to the path)

I don't know what effect the bootstrap script has exactly,
because I'm only using pkgsrc on NetBSD.
While it is documented in the g-ir-scanner manpage, I think
that using XDG_DATA_DIRS in any build tool is wrong.
It should be either sanitized somewhere in pkgsrc/mk, or
pkgsrc/devel/gobject-introspection should be patched to
ignore it. Both are too invasive to be introduced during
the pkgsrc freeze - I'll look at it later.
Until then, I suggest to change your environment in one
of the ways you mentioned. A real fix will come soon.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich