Re: DB drivers for www/php-owncloud

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:33:52 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

These are all really good questions.

Just dropped php54 support from this package by dholland@ remind this issue :(
It should be resolved.

Curious change, because db driver should be handled in options.mk.

Ideally, but I think it's better to include multiple drivers if the cost
in size/deps to the binary package is small.

For this package, db drivers are pluggable, so no need to hard depend
on driver packages.

I feel that owncloud-4 require either PDO or MDB2 drivers.
How about change dependency in options.mk to pdo drivers instead?

I don't understand 'mdb2'.

In pkgsrc, MDB2 packages are databases/pear-MDB2*, and I found that
MDB2 is included in owncloud (3rdparty/MDB2*).
Then, for MDB2, no need to installed from pkgsrc, just database
driver packages (databases/php-sqlite, php-mysql, and so on) are required.

I don't know the owncloud-3, but in ownclowd-4 (lib/db.php)
* getDBBackend()
  * default backend is MDB2
  * if PDO exist and configured dbtype (default:sqlite) driver exists,
    PDO will be selected (and sqlite == sqlite3, not sqlite2?).

I don't know why sqlite2 (databases/php-sqlite) thorough MDB2 was not worked
for you.

One question point is
  databases/php-sqlite is for SQLite2 (PDO support is disabled),
  databases/php-pdo_sqlite is for SQLite3.

Doesn't it mean that upgrade from 3 to 4 require database migration?

In theory, but it worked without me doing anything like that.

Thanks, then, probably compatible or migrated automatically.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost