Re: Dead keys still not working in GTK Emacs

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012, at 16:27, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I have a similar problem with Multi_key. I've defined "keycode 115 =
> Multi_key" using xmodmap and it works everywhere, except in emacs as
> its own X11 window. emacs in a text terminal is fine.
>
> emacs as X application says:
> <Multi_key> is undefined
> when I press the key.
>
> That's on NetBSD-current/amd64 also with current pkgsrc, in case it
> matters, but I have this issue for a long time.

Thanks for the report.  That does indeed sound like the same issue;
emacs in a text terminal works fine here too, presumably because in that
case the X11 keyboard handling is dealt with in the terminal and emacs
only sees the final, composed characters.  Just to confirm, what is your
locale set to ($LANG or $LC_*)?

-- IDL