Libfetch failure during bootstrap

Bootstrapping on Solaris 9 with Studio Compiler 11.  I get as far as
the script trying to build libarchive, before it dies with the
message:

cc -O  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-DDEF_UMASK=022
-I/opt/pkgsrc-local/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/libarchive/libarchive
-I/opt/pkgsrc-local/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/libfetch
-DHAVE_NBCOMPAT_H=1
-I/opt/pkgsrc-local/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/libnbcompat
-I. -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGE_FILES -DFTP_COMBINE_CWDS -c common.c
"common.h", line 98: syntax error before or at: LIBFETCH_PRINTFLIKE
"common.h", line 98: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type
for: LIBFETCH_PRINTFLIKE
"common.c", line 180: identifier redefined: fetch_info
        current : function(pointer to const char, ...) returning void
        previous: function(pointer to const char, ...) returning void
: "common.h", line 98
cc: acomp failed for common.c
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in
/opt/pkgsrc-local/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/libfetch
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /opt/pkgsrc-local/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /opt/pkgsrc-local/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
===> exited with status 1

I've not found any references to that syntax error in google searches,
and looking at the code where it's fallen over,  I'm failing to see
anything fishy.

Please may I have some pointers?

Thanks,

S.