how to use .cvsignore?

Hi!

Sorry for bothering this list, but I expect to find enough people who know the answer here :)

I'd like to exclude a few files and directories from getting updated from CVS. I have a local repository, and no combination of adding ".cvsignore" files or using "csv update -I..." seems to work for me.

Is this even possible at all? If I understand the manual correctly, this mechanism should mainly protect the shared repository from fluff, but it should also work the other way round, as I intend to use it.

Thanks,
   Joern

--
 Jörn Clausen