Re: Newer Apache/Python/PHP/SUSE

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:53:44AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:

> >>I've put it here:
> >>http://www.lins.jp/~obata/archive/suse121.tgz
> >>(and need to modify mk/emulator/linux-suse.mk for 12.1 handling).
> >

> >I tried the flash plugin with firefox and that worked well enough for
> >youtube.
>
> Hmm, ld-linux.so.2 works fine for you?

do you mean as invoked by /emul/linux/usr/bin/ldd ?
that gets SIGSYS for me, but I just checked in a fix to -current.
(that's on i386, I haven't tried amd64 yet.)

> >I'd say go ahead and add your suse121 pkgs to pkgsrc.
>
> OK, I would like to import them before 2012Q1 freeze.
>
> >how do I get opera to recognize the flash plugin?
> >it didn't find the one that firefox used,
> >nor the "linux-for-opera" one that I downloaded and extracted after that.
>
> Not worked, then not packaged yet (www/opera-plugins points to old
> multimedia/ns-flash).
> I've just create symbolic link
>   ${PFEFIX}/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so ->
> /usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so

ok, adding that link lets opera find the plugin.
I don't get any error when I try to play a youtube video,
but it doesn't work either.  it just shows the circle of dots forever.

if I go to http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/ then the little flash thing
near the top of the page loads and displays some stuff, but if I click on
"watch an overview of the flash platform", then that video also doesn't work,
just shows a white background and sits there.  but no errors from that either.

if I go to cnn.com and play a video from there, I get a core dump from
operapluginwrapper:

   508    508 operapluginwrapp CALL
mmap2(0xb8834000,0xa0000,3,0x32,0xffffffff,0)
   508    508 operapluginwrapp RET   mmap2 -1199357952/0xb8834000
   508    508 operapluginwrapp PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL: code=SEGV_MAPERR,
addr=0xc, trap=14)
   508    508 operapluginwrapp NAMI  "operapluginwrapp.core"

now I just need to remember all the tricks I had for debugging this stuff.  :-)

-Chuck