Re: ser2net package

On 6 Mar 2012 at 21:49, Marcos - wrote:

> > > Hello
> > >
> > > in pkgsrc not have the application "ser2net" in
> > > (http://ser2net.sourceforge.net/) then need to compile, but do not know
> > > where to start, help
> > >
> > > ps. if there is a binary package please inform where can I find

> For NetBSD on i386 I build foreign packages in
> /usr/local/sources/packagename/packageversion/
>
> So far I've not had to change environment and resulting
> binaries are mostly in /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin
> although I've only a dozen such packages and four of
> those  are in pkgsrc.David
>

> yes my system is i386,
>   I did not get ser2net build on netbsd 5

Builds ok here

I don't know if the program actually works and
have no time to check.

NetBSD 5.1_STABLE May 1, 2011

# cd /usr/local/source/ser2net/
# tar -xzvf ser2net-2.7.tar.gz

# cd /usr/local/source/ser2net/ser2net-2.7

./configure
make
make install

ls -l /usr/local/sbin/
-rwxr-xr-x  1  root  wheel  124443 Mar  7  11:08  ser2net

David