Re: Anyone have firefox working on i386?

On 25 Feb 2012 at 17:45, Anne Bennett wrote:

> "David H. Gutteridge" <> writes:
> > I have a similar video card and am not experiencing any problems
> > like this.  I haven't updated the machine in question in a while
> > (it hasn't been connected to the internet in months), but it was
> > running Firefox 7 without trouble.  I've appended my xorg.conf
> > file below in case it's of use.  (Oh, and I'm running the netbsd-
> > branch as well.)
> Thank you.  The main difference I see is that you specify dri2.
> When I try that it simply doesn't get loaded, complaining:
>   (WW) intel(0): DRI2 requires UXA
> but if I try to force "AccelMethod" "UXA", X puts garbage on the
> screen and hangs on start-up.
> I tried just using your xorg.conf as is; firefox still cannot
> I can run firefox4 on this machine by booting from a MythBuntu
> "live CD".  The resulting Xorg.0.log suggests that MythBuntu
> has a much more recent X server:
>    X.Org X Server 1.10.1
>    Release Date: 2011-04-15
> compared to my NetBSD 5 O/S:
>    X.Org X Server 1.6.3
>    Release Date: 2009-7-7
> I do keep my machine updated; I can only surmise that NetNSD 5
> stable uses an oldish X server version.  David, can you tell me
> version is reported in your Xorg.0.log ?  Perhaps you'd be willing
> to send me a copy of your Xorg.0.log so I could compare it to mine?

I've just updated to 2011Q4 pkgsrc a second time as
first try some weeks ago had too many breakages and
since been fixed.

X.Org X Server 1.6.5
Release Date: 2009-10-11
NetBSD 5.1_STABLE (P4X2666_0.31) Wed Feb 22 22:02 GMT 2012

Xorg.log, xorg.conf, dmesg and firefox version:

I don't know if this is even working but it's best I've
had since my NetBSD-4 setup which was usable.