CRLF line terminators in nagios-base

Hello pkgsrc,

I recently installed nagios-base using pkgsrc on Solaris 10 (sparc).

Unless I remove all CRLF line terminators in the source files, Sun studio compiler fails to build nagios-base. Gcc obviously has no such problems.

Do you consider pkg-src portability to include the possibility of building packages with Sun studio instead of the pkgsrc gcc? If yes, then maybe an additional step could be included to remove the CRLF line terminators.

I could also contact the nagios developers, to see if they feel this is worth changing. I counted 208 ascii files without CRLF versus 132 with CRLF. :)

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Andreas Obermaier