Re: XSB Prolog on NetBSD (Re: wine-devel hangs with high CPU usage)

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 07:04:32PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I foresee this software requiring some changes to make it work on NetBSD.
> We'll be making every attempt to keep the changes generic though in case
> if the application maintainers do not merge the changes with their source
> tree (just for want to of time or priority or whatever reason) do we
> maintain such changes as a patch in pkgsrc?

Yes, that is the purpose of the patches directory that is found in many
packages. See for example devel/gmp for a package with a moderate number
of patches.

> There must have been cases like this where some application requires
> tweaks for NetBSD. How do we maintain them usually?

There are lots of them, on my machine (including wip):

$ find /usr/pkgsrc/ -name patches | wc -l
5223

Emil

--
esg%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost