Re: wine-devel hangs with high CPU usage

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 02:17:19PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:
> > On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 01:22:24AM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> >> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:
> > Ok. But where do I report this then? To app owner? From their point of
> > view, this release "works" though since it does on many other platforms.
>
> WINE has its own bug tracker. If they think this release "works", then
> it is problem.

What I meant is such behavior (hanging on startup) is seen only on NetBSD
for the same version of source. So they may have less inclination to fix
it.

> The best way is you fix it yourself.

I can try it as long is does not require too much of insight into the app
itself.

I know of some other software (a certain Prolog interpreter) that I'd like
to compile and work on NetBSD though I have never been able to get it
work.

It could compile fine on FreeBSD, Linux and Windows/Cygwin but not just on
NetBSD.

If NetBSD architects could give some very high level clues about what to
watch for in such cases, it will be really beneficial.

My impression so far about such issues is that perhaps NetBSD has
something in it (perhaps memory management or some other area) that is
technically correct but strict in the sense that it badly exposes
application loopholes which other platforms may show an inadvertent
leniency to.

But that's just a perception of mine. Will be glad to hear some views on
this.

Mayuresh.