Re: wine-devel hangs with high CPU usage

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 02:17:19PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:
>> > Ok. But where do I report this then? To app owner? From their point of
>> > view, this release "works" though since it does on many other platforms.
>>
>> WINE has its own bug tracker. If they think this release "works", then
>> it is problem.
>
> What I meant is such behavior (hanging on startup) is seen only on NetBSD
> for the same version of source. So they may have less inclination to fix
> it.
>
>> The best way is you fix it yourself.
>
> I can try it as long is does not require too much of insight into the app
> itself.

WINE Is Not Easy.

> I know of some other software (a certain Prolog interpreter) that I'd like
> to compile and work on NetBSD though I have never been able to get it
> work.
>
> It could compile fine on FreeBSD, Linux and Windows/Cygwin but not just on
> NetBSD.

It is better to tell what exactly you want. If your interpreter works on
FreeBSD chances are that you need only few changes to get it working.

> If NetBSD architects could give some very high level clues about what to
> watch for in such cases, it will be really beneficial.

It will be really beneficial to state the exact problem.

You started talking about WINE, but it seems that what you need actually
is some open-source Prolog interpreter that builds (and potentially works)
for FreeBSD and Linux. What we need to know now is its name. (Is it Ciao? XSB?)

--
HE CE3OH...