Re: Migrating ports from XFree86 to Xorg (Was: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms)

On 20 September 2011 16:38, Michael <macallan1888%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:19:29 +1000
> matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:
>
>> alpha xorg doesn't work for tga cards, and there is no support
>> for the turbochannel cards.  (someone send a pmax to mac ;)
>
> I had a look at the Xserver code, there's acceleration support for tga and a
> bunch of others ( presumably turbochannel ). Shouldn't be too hard to turn
> into Xorg drivers with the right machine. I have no alpha or pmax hardware
> though.

I have a Dec3000 TC alpha here and happy to ship, though postage from
the UK might be a little steep, alternatively I'm more than happy to
cover postage for a closer machine...

If you were likely to be able to find time to look at xorg on alpha or
pmax I'm sure there would be no shortage of people on the relevant
port-* lists willing to spare a box :)