Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:03 PM, David Brownlee <>
> Is it feasible to switch compiler after building some packages? If
> not, then we could have the SunOS native/modular default based on
> compiler used well.

I bootstrap with Sun Studio and then switch to lang/gcc34 as soon as
possible. Switching back to Sun Studio for selected packages would
probably work, but I don't think it is recommended (e.g. you'd have to
reinstall devel/libtool-base with each change). Switching between
different GCCs (at least back and forth several times) is IMHO nearly
impossible, because the binaries could easily end up with different's in their runpaths.

Joern Clausen