Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:03 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> Is it feasible to switch compiler after building some packages? If
> not, then we could have the SunOS native/modular default based on
> compiler used well.

I bootstrap with Sun Studio and then switch to lang/gcc34 as soon as
possible. Switching back to Sun Studio for selected packages would
probably work, but I don't think it is recommended (e.g. you'd have to
reinstall devel/libtool-base with each change). Switching between
different GCCs (at least back and forth several times) is IMHO nearly
impossible, because the binaries could easily end up with different
libgcc_s.so's in their runpaths.

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/