Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Hans Rosenfeld
<rosenfeld%grumpf.hope-2000.org@localhost> wrote:
> Another problematic thing
> would be Xserver support, but I don't know if that matters here.

I have never tried it, I use pkgsrc (with modular X11) only for client
programs, but X server and session handling is native. I should have
mentioned this when I suggested switching to modular.

> I don't know whether modular even builds on any SunOS as-is, the older
> releases being likely to be more problematic.

The problem is, that you can use native only with the Sun Studio
compiler. But that won't get you very far within pkgsrc in general, as
you trip over GCCisms and sloppy programming in every second package.
IMHO modular is the only reasonable alternative on SunOS.

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/