Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms

On 12 September 2011 13:25, Hauke Fath <> wrote:
> At 17:30 Uhr +0100 10.09.2011, David Brownlee wrote:
>>Changed - older versions switched from native to modular
>>- NetBSD - native for NetBSD-4 and later
> Which will, of course, force users of !(i386 || amd64) machines to upgrade
> to netbsd-5 - or watch their box churn through a (several-)week-long pkgsrc
> rebuild.
> Just pointing out the obvious - I know there is no easy answer.

I agree its not ideal. If they were not building X11 apps then they
will not notice any change. If they were now at least they have a
better chance of being able to build them...

I don't see why its !(i386 || amd64)  - surely all ports will be
equally affected - or was that a reference to performance?