Re: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native

On 9 September 2011 08:06, Jörn Clausen <joernc%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> what does "pkg_info -N xkbcomp" show - does it think its using native
>> or pkgsrc Xau?
>
> Sorry, compilation failed a few minutes later with conflicting
> packages (I did a "make install" in meta-pkgs/modular-xorg).
> Unfortunately, I can't remember which those two were. I decided to
> stop the experiment at this point and removed all packages installed
> so far. (And being the annoying guy I am, I can't resist to mention
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2011/08/10/msg007522.html. Which
> might have answered the first question as well.)

Would it be possible that you may have had some existing data left in
work directories, or some package such as x11-links already linked
against the native X11 libraries?

It should be perfectly possible to have a full X install and still use
X11_TYPE=modular - after all, that is what most people using modular
on !NetBSD have...