Re: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native

Actually, it had never occurred to me to switch to modular X11 on
NetBSD. Right now I am compiling it. Is this expected:

$ ldd /usr/pkg/bin/xkbcomp
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/
        -lXau.6 => /usr/X11R7/lib/
        -lXdmcp.6 => /usr/X11R7/lib/
        -lxcb.1 => /usr/pkg/lib/
        -lXau.6 => /usr/pkg/lib/
        -lXdmcp.6 => /usr/pkg/lib/
        -lX11.6 => /usr/pkg/lib/
        -lxkbfile.1 => /usr/pkg/lib/

I.e. why does this binary still reference native libraries? x11/libXau
and x11/libXdmcp are both installed, but I can't say in which order
the packages were built.

The documentation on modular Xorg I have found so far assumes, that
X11 sets were skipped during the initial install of NetBSD. But what
if they are already present?

Joern Clausen