Re: Making DESTDIR support mandatory

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:35:19 +0900, David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 06:51:46PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > >2. undo-replace does not work with USE_DESTDIR, which is a significant
 > >regression.
 >
 > It's easy to implement it.
 > But I don't want to be tarup package into ${WRKDIR} each time on replace.

That's what we've always done; I don't think making unrelated other
changes is a good reason to alter that behavior.

I never use `replace' target with USE_DESTDIR=no, so nothing had been changed
for me.

But It's also easy to kill tarup in my local tree, like killing "set
upsafe_depends=YES",
so no objection to implement it.

For me, behavior chnages should be fixed with USE_DESTDIR=yes are:
1. `make replace OLDNAME=foo' will not work.
2. `make install' always create binary package in ${PACKAGES}.

2. may be required for other developers, when trying build and install
with various PKG_OPTION combination or something else.
but want to keep the binary package built with default situation.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost