Re: Circular dependency while bootstrapping (qemu arm scratchbox)

On 15 April 2011 08:00, OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:17:16 +0900, Thomas Klausner
> <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>> It's complaining that digest wants diffutils wants digest.
>> (I don't think the qemu output has anything to do with that.)
>> Please find out why digest wants diffutils.
>
> bsd.pkg.mk include check/bsd.check-vars.mk unconditionally,
> and in bsd.check-vars.mk, diff is added to USE_TOOLS unconditionally.
> DIFF is only used in check/check-files.mk with CHECK_FILES=yes.

Thank you, that was useful. I found the replace and use_ things and at
least some of the things that bootstrap wants to find in /usr/bin/ or
/bin/ and will ignore if they're in path elsewhere. Fixing that gets
around a lot. It seems to fail in installing packages (f2c most often
IIRC) and I've found core files left by qemu-arm but no real messages
about what's happened.

Having pkgsrc off-device was an interesting idea, but I think I'm
abandoning that for now. I don't particularly need it for my current
plans. I might try again if I ever install compilers on the device
itself.

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right