Re: Virtualbox within pkgsrc

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:12:11PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
|VirtualBox under NetBSD *would* be very nice, but it probably needs
|someone with time & skill to look at porting across the FreeBSD
|support...

Slightly off-topic, but what experience do people have with using
VirtualBox with NetBSD as a client? I have tried a few different
versions of install media and found that kernels wouldn't boot or would
crash part way through ... is there a reliable combination that works?

This was running VirtualBox 4.0 and then 4.0.4 on Windows XP with NetBSD
5.0.1 and 5.1. From memory, I was able to install one or other (can't
recall which NetBSD version, sorry) but the installed host locked up on
boot (dropped to the kernel debugger) and the other wouldn't boot the
install kernel at all.

Are there NetBSD-specific docs on installing into VirtualBox I might
have missed?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left