Re: documentation for packages

On Nov 17, 2010, at 18:13, Martin Husemann wrote:

I disagree. I would consider a separate "doc" package in case of tools
needed to build the documentation like TeX a very huge benefit, and I also
would consider completeley dropping the documenation in such cases, or
committing pre-generated, easily accessible results.

A "doc" package would also probably be fairly platform neutral, so if it's generated once it on (say) NetBSD it could be used on other-BSD/ Solaris/Linux/etc. Can anyone think of documentation files that /are/ platform-specific? Would endian play a role at all?