Re: documentation for packages

> This would have several benefits:
> - less resources when building and installing packages (disk space,
> compile time)
> - less dependencies, thus sources for errors

Try to split dozen of packages you need into -doc and -base subpackages.
And I believe very soon you'll realize how much this "benefit" costs ;-)

Seriously speaking, in order to not waste time for compiling packages,
use binary repositories or run bulk builds and don't "wait" for them, i.e.
use prebuilt packages.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.