Re: documentation for packages

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:56:57AM +0200, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> implement. But you proposed to make "rule of thumb".  Personally, I
> don't think such a rule is a good idea. It adds huge amount of extrawork
> without significant benefits.

I disagree. I would consider a separate "doc" package in case of tools
needed to build the documentation like TeX a very huge benefit, and I also
would consider completeley dropping the documenation in such cases, or
committing pre-generated, easily accessible results.

This can cut the "rebuild all packages" time on your pkg build server quite
seriously (in my own setups I end up with less then 300 pkgs installed on
pkg build machine).

Martin