Re: sendmail not working on netbsd-5

    Date:        Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:26:08 -0400
    From:        Louis Guillaume <louis%zabrico.com@localhost>

  | Just upgraded packages on my staging machine and noticed that sendmail
  | stopped working.

I have sendmail (from pkgsrc-current) running under NetBSD 5.1RC3
(though the sendmail would have been compiled in a 5.0 environment).

  |      # /usr/pkg/bin/mailq
  |      _res is not supported for multi-threaded programs.
  |      Abort

How/why did sendmail get compiled multi-threaded?   Is see nothing in
pkgsrc that would do that.  Do you perhaps have -pthread in come local
CFLAGS (or COPTS) setting, or something?

What does
        ldd /usr/pkg/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
tell you?   There should be no mention of anything thread related there.

kre