Pkgsrc on Mac OS X

Lately, I've been seriously trying to build a few packages using pkgsrc
under both Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Panther) and 10.4.11 (Tiger) on a PowerPC. It
seems like pkgsrc is not a big option for Mac users, though, as it is never
mentioned in the same breath as Fink or Macports. So, I was wondering two
things:

1) Is there anyone else on the list who is using pkgsrc under Mac OS X? If
so, what version?
2) Is anyone doing bulk package builds for Darwin/ppc? If so, where would I
find the packages?

I have to confess that based on my last few days experiences with building
various packages that I'm wondering if it would be of any use to the
community to fire up my spare G4 and volunteer to do batch builds.

John