Re: Old Binary Packages/Sources (NetBSD/i386 1.5.3)?

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:18 +0000, "The Beyonder"
<beyonder04%yahoo.co.uk@localhost>
wrote:
> How would running Microsoft Windows 95 help us obtaining NetBSD/i386
> 1.5.3 date/time related pkgsrc binaries (and sources)?

I think the question Herr Husemann asked about Windows 95 might be put
more explicitly thus: why do you insist on running NetBSD 1.5.3, an
obsolete release, thus requiring you to find similarly obsolete pkgsrc
binaries or the sources from which to recompile them, instead of running
a more recent and better-supported NetBSD with a more recent and better-
supported pkgsrc?  Just because your hardware is old doesn't mean your
software has to be.  As far as I know NetBSD only dropped support for
80386-class CPUs with release 5.0, and some people are still using the
4.x branch happily enough.  What constraint prevents you from taking
that (substantially easier) route?  Sometimes it's easier to help when
we know *why* you need something as well as *what* you think you need.

Curiously yours,

Ian Leroux