Re: pgsql start implies initdb = bad

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:35:04PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 2009/11/25 Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost>:
>
> Running a database on an interruptable or soft mounted filesystem
> manages to make using it on a normal nfs filesystem seem quite
> sensible :)

Don't ask about how come I'm reading this old email and noting that
pkgsrc/databases/postgresql84-server/pgsql.sh has
        if [ ! -d ${pgsql_home}/data/base ]; then
                pgsql_initdb

in it. I must point out that the nfs filesystem written up in

  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-12/msg00628.php

is specifically mounted hard, not intr nor soft.

Cheers,

Patrick