Re: g++ visibility issues? (Re: devel/ogre and amd64)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:55:29PM -0400, Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:
> These packages seem(ed at some time) to have similar issues:
> sysutils/xfce4-thunar
> devel/glib2
>
> So as a first kludge I disabled usage of visibility attributes.

This is generally a sign that symbols have inconsistent visibility
attributes. Thunar's patch-aa is a good example for that. This doesn't
matter on i386 because i386 allows text relocations (e.g. absolute calls
from inside PIC). Those are bad because they require mapping the text
segment writeable and reduce the amount of memory mapping.

Joerg