Re: what provides tex metafont mf.base file?

On 20 May 2010 18:11, Jeremy C. Reed <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2010, Pouya D. Tafti wrote:
>> With these, I would have expected that Type 1 fonts from
>> font/tex-cm-super would be used (and not bitmap ones). ÂI would try
>> updating that package,
>
> I didn't have that installed. As far as I can tell nothing depended on
> it.
>
> Now I installed it and those problems are gone!

I'm glad it worked.  But the underlying problem (i.e. that bitmap
fonts are not being generated) still exists.  It is being avoided in
this case because with the Type 1 fonts installed bitmap fonts are no
longer needed.

[...]
> tex-pdftex-1.40.10
[...]
> When I upgraded my kpathsea-5.0.0nb2 and web2c-7.5.7nb5 to
> kpathsea-5.0.0nb3 and web2c-2009, I started getting an additional error:
[...]

I have tex-pdftex-1.40.10 (same as yours), kpathsea-5.0.0nb3, and web2c-2009.

But I still don't know the reason for the behaviour you are observing...

Pouya