Re: what provides tex metafont mf.base file?

On 2010-05-20, Jeremy C. Reed <> wrote:
> \documentclass[english]{scrbook}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

With these, I would have expected that Type 1 fonts from
font/tex-cm-super would be used (and not bitmap ones).  I would try
updating that package, and perhaps running (as root) texhash and
updmap-sys to update map files (but I still don't understand why
mf.base cannot be created!).

Otherwise, would it be possible for you to list the other packages
used in your document?  Also, what version of print/tex-pdftex are you
using (IIRC it provides

Last thing, what happens if you run mktexpk as root (with the
arguments listed in your post)?