Re: How to get misc/openoffice3-bin to work?

On March 27, 2010 3:00:18 PM EDT, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've been trying to get misc/openoffice3-bin working on my laptop,
>without success.  Can anyone tell me what I missing?
>
>- I'm running NetBSD i386 5.0_STABLE.
>- COMPAT_LINUX is enabled in the kernel configuration.
>- I have procfs mounted as required for some Linux binaries.
> (procfs on /emul/linux/proc type procfs)
>- I have tried the sysctl emul.linux.kern.osrelease setting with both
> 2.4.18 (the default) and 2.6.20 (as I saw recommended on a Wiki site
> for other software run in Linux emulation).
>
>When I try to run the application, it fails to launch.
>
>[disciple@arcusvii:disciple]$ swriter &
>[disciple@arcusvii:disciple]$ /usr/pkg/bin/soffice:
>/usr/pkg/opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/program/pagein: not found
>/usr/pkg/bin/soffice:
>/usr/pkg/opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/ure-link/bin/javaldx: not
>found
>/usr/pkg/bin/soffice: /usr/pkg/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: not
>found
>
>Regards,
>
>Dave

Well, it seems I didn't follow one of the instructions; emulators/
suse100_base requires a link between /emul/linux and /usr/pkg/emul/
linux.  In all the messages that flew by I didn't see that.  (I read
any MESSAGE files to make sure I'd covered things off; that
instruction was in the INSTALL script.)  So that was my stupid mistake.
I now have it working.

Dave