Re: Ada packages for NetBSD

G'day,

ADA has a large following in industries dealing with defense, avionics,
science, medical  equipment and other mission critical applications.

I ported gnat-3.12p to NetBSD-386 way back in the late 90's. When ADA became
part of the GCC source tree my suggestion of having ADA integrated into the
NetBSD distribution failed to find any resonance.

Developers working with ADA seek out platforms that support it and
unfortunately NetBSD never did. Hence it never had a chance of making many
friends in this community.

cheerio Berndt