Re: docbook-xsl problems on Sparc Solaris

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 03:10:24 +0100
raymond.meyer%rambler.ru@localhost wrote:

> I notice the following error message when installing docbook-xsl:
>
> => Automatic manual page handling
> => Running POST-INSTALL script actions
> xmlcatmgr: root node already seen; <nextCatalog> discarded
> xmlcatmgr: unbalanced tags (</catalog> unexpected)
> => Registering installation for docbook-xsl-1.74.0nb1
> docbook-xsl-1.74.0nb1 requires installed package docbook-xml-4.4nb4
> docbook-xsl-1.74.0nb1 requires installed package perl-5.10.0nb6
> docbook-xsl-1.74.0nb1 requires installed package xmlcatmgr-2.2nb1
> ===> Building binary package for docbook-xsl-1.74.0nb1
>
> Then later when I try to build textproc/gtk-doc I get the following
> error:
>
> checking for DocBook XML DTD V4.3 in XML catalog... not found
> configure: error: could not find DocBook XML DTD V4.3 in XML catalog
> *** Error code 1
>
> which I have a feeling is related to the errors during docbook-xsl
> installation.
>
> I also noticed the following errors during other package build:
>
> file:///opt/pkg/etc/xml/catalog:9: parser error : Extra content at the
> end of the document
>
> Anyone has any ideas what's going on here?

OK I think this is where the problem is:

cat /opt/pkg/etc/xml/catalog

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
V1.0//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd";>

<!-- Created by XML Catalog Manager 2.2 -->
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
<nextCatalog catalog="/opt/pkg/share/xml/catalog" />
</catalog>
/>

Notice the last '/>' in catalog file, it shouldn't be there. So
something that installs this file on Solaris messes it up. Could
someone who knows this package have a look at it please? I have a
feeling it could be a sed or awk script that does it...