Re: pkg_add: can't remove files during install

On 23 Sep 2009 at 15:59, Stathis Kamperis wrote:

> 2009/9/23 Stathis Kamperis <ekamperi%gmail.com@localhost>:
> > Hi people.
> >
> > I'm having some trouble installing packages in a i386/5.0.1 system.
> > After a really fresh install, pkg_add'ing my very 1st package
> > (scmgit-base), fails with this:
> > pkg_add: Couldn't remove /usr/pkg/foo/bar file
>
> I have just noticed that after a clean install, I don't have any
> /usr/pkg or /var/db/pkg directory.
>
> Is this normal ?

Don't think it should be but I had problems with pkg_add after
reinstall with 5.0.1 on eeepc and problem was lack of at least
/usr/pkg but I didn't progress further and restored packages
from backups (I'd been getting error writing to disk so remade
filesystem with full check and went back from WAPBL to ffsv1).

That was a few weeks ago and ssd write problem hasn't come
back but I've not used it much either.

David