Re: Firefox 3.0.x removal (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www)

At Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:03:18 +0200,
Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:32:01PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> > I know a few people who had to go back to 3.0.x even no Windows because
> > 3.5.x was a way too unstable. Thats why I brought it up.
>
> Do you have any reproducable problems?
> I know of a problem when playing video via html5 features new in 3.5,
> but otherwise have been unable to crash firefox for weeks now.

just built it from source and it doesn't even open a window. On the
same machine FF3 works like a charm.

The machine runs:

NetBSD prpad.dyndns.org 5.0 NetBSD 5.0 (PRPAD) #2: Thu May 21 17:17:04 AST 2009
 root%prpad.dyndns.org@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/PRPAD i386

Information for firefox-3.5.3nb1:

Built using:
sqlite3-3.6.14
xulrunner-1.9.1.3nb5
libIDL-0.8.13
gtk2+-2.16.1
libXt-1.0.5nb1
desktop-file-utils-0.15
digest-20080510
zip-2.32
autoconf213-2.13nb1
gmake-3.81
perl-5.10.0nb6
pkg-config-0.23nb1
python25-2.5.4
kbproto-1.0.3
xproto-7.0.15
fixesproto-4.0
xextproto-7.0.5
inputproto-1.5.0
renderproto-0.9.3nb1
randrproto-1.3.0
xineramaproto-1.1.2

Trying to rebuild with PKG_OPTIONS.firefox=debug runs into an error if
devel/xulrunner wasn't built with option debug. devel/xulrunner is
currently rebuilding with option debug.

I'd be happy to provide more info.

Best regards,

Marko