Re: Updated shells/bash-completion version

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 00:51:56 +0900, Mark Norman Francis
<norm%cackhanded.net@localhost> wrote:

The package shells/bash-completion has a noted vulnerability:

In that page, it talks about a new version of the bash-completion
tools, which is now at 1.0. It appears to me to require only a simple
fix to the Makefile and PLIST to use the new version (included below).

Is it really "new version of bash-completion"?
I thought that it was fork by Ubuntu/Debian folks.

I can reproduce few issues noted in the Debian's bug report with our
shells/bash-completion,
so the vulnerability entry point the bug report.
Almost issues came from changes after the fork.

But it seems that current upstream is not active, so it is a time to decide if
we fix/maintain by ourselves
or switch to Debian's one.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)