pkgsrc stable branch for AIX?

Hi Everyone,

I have been using pkgsrc on AIX 5.3 with great success lately. But we have had to use pkgsrc-current to get it to work properly.

Is it possible that some of the things that were in pkgsrc-current to make AIX work are now in the "stable" tags? e.g. pkgsrc-2009Q2?

I would very much prefer to use the "stable" releases for production systems than pkgsrc-current.

How much of the AIX-specific stuff has been pulled up into the stable branches?

Louis