Re: pkgsrc stable branch for AIX?

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 01:38:03PM -0400, Louis Guillaume wrote:
> Is it possible that some of the things that were in pkgsrc-current to
> make AIX work are now in the "stable" tags? e.g. pkgsrc-2009Q2?

Not so many of the AIX changes should have been after the branch, so
chances that it works are reasonable well.

> How much of the AIX-specific stuff has been pulled up into the stable
> branches?

I'm not aware of any. But keep in mind that the stable branches start
out as snapshots of current after some stabilisation phase. As Al will
announce the upcoming freeze for the next branch, it gives you a
starting point to check for regressions in what you are interested in.
The freeze exists to hunt down issue after all :)

Joerg