Re: [rant] Too many dependencies

On 21/07/2009 9:00 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
The basic problem is that for binary packages, there is only one choice
of options.  There's a tension between including many and having binary
packages that satisfy a lot of people, and including fewer and having it
smaller but satisfying fewer people.

So the default/suggested options reflect the existing binary packages ... which seems fine and would ensure minimal issues for binary users but what about the rest of us?

I can live with the way things are but I have to admit I'm in favor of some method for selecting whether suggested options are adhered to. rrdtool pulling in the whole of X by default seems silly.

Sarton