Re: bsd.sys.mk on AIX (was: pkg_install-20090422 fails to build on AIX)

On Tue, 12 May 2009 11:32:14 +0900, Louis Guillaume
<lguillaume%berklee.edu@localhost> wrote:

> I have to set both `WARNS=0' and `NOGCCERROR=1' to get this to work. It
> seems like bsd.sys.mk should be aware of the compiler (xlc in this case)
> before adding -Werror or -Wall to CFLAGS. At least it should not
> indiscriminately add the flag as it does now.
>
> I don't know what the proper practice is for dealing with this in
> general, so I defer to the list. What I do know is that adding `-Wall'
> (as happens when WARNS > 0) causes xlc to complain. Same as adding
> `-Werror' (as happens when NOGCCERROR is unset).
>
> What's the correct way to deal with this?

bootstrap-mk-files/files/mods/SunOS.bsd.sys.mk barrier it with:
.if ${CC:M*gcc*} != ""

Should it be geneally in bootstrap-mk-files/files/bsd.sys.mk?

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost